Whether you have Boston luxury apartments or just a simple apartment or house to buy or rent, making a good first impression is very important. It can involve everything from your house design, location, and more. Obviously, one of the best tactics to create a good first impression is to paint your house or apartment with the right color combination.
According to Eric Tyson and Ray Brown, writers of House Selling for Dummies, it is important that you paint your home first before adding it to real estate ads or putting it on the market. Paint will make your home look new, fresh, and clean, which will help invite more sellers.
It is important as a real estate seller not to take external appearance for granted. Many of the buyers nowadays take time in doing their homework and spend time in checking the exterior of the house they tend to buy before contacting an agent.
House Painting Tips
- If you think, you have nothing to paint, paint at least your front door, door frame and/or entrance hall.
- Choose neutral colors when painting. For your external paint job, make sure you have chosen colors that go with your neighborhood. Whites, creams and other neutral colors are inviting to most buyers. Even if the potential buyer does not like white or cream, these neutral colors make it easier for them to repaint over, should they choose to do so.
- Make sure you have made the necessary minor clean up like washing away dirt, patching or repairing areas that need some repairs before having your house painted.
- Be sure to paint window frames, railings, trim, and others to give your home a refreshing exterior look.
- Once the paint job is done, emphasize it in your listings. Include the date of completion in your ads like flyers, online ads, and more. Many homeowners take extra consideration about the paint job completion date and the quality of the paint being used.
Also, consider the architecture of the building if you opt to paint your house with a different color. The materials of the house should be considered too. Wood, brick, masonry and aluminum siding can be painted easily with a different color. However, vinyl sidings must be painted with a lighter color. Dark colored paints will absorb the heat causing the vinyl to deform, which will require expensive renovation down the road.
Lastly, make sure all the paint jobs are done before the potential buyer will view your house. This is especially important if you’re selling Boston luxury apartments, as many potential buyers don’t like visiting a house that is undergoing renovations which haven’t been finished yet. A little renovation can go a long way when selling your home. Good luck!No tags for this post.